Program Exit Survey
The Department of ECE was established in 1980 and meets the growing demands of Industry and Society. The Department has Seven Ph.D holders and many are pursing Ph.D. in various areas of ECE. The staff members are well qualified and experienced. The department has state of art laboratory facilities. The department has 180 intake in Under Graduate and The Post Graduate programme with specialization of Digital Electronics and Communication Systems was started in the year 2010 with intake of 18.
The B.Tech Programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering offered by the Department has been accredited by NBA for the fourth time under Tier-I for three years.
NBA Expert Team visited the campus during 11-13 November 2016 and evaluated all the five Departments of ECE, EEE, CSE, Civil and Mechanical Engineering under Tier-I System.
All the five Departments have been accredited under Tier-I for the years 2016 -’17, 2017-’18 and 2018-’19 up to 30-06-2019.
The Department has the following State of the art laboratories:
1. ELECTRONIC CIRCUITS LAB
2. ANALOG & DIGITAL COMMUNICATION LAB
3. MICROPROCESSOR LAB
4. DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING LAB
5. INTEGRATED CIRCUITS APPLICATIONS LAB
6. PULSE AND DIGITAL CIRCUITS LAB
7. ELECTRONIC DESIGN & AUTOMATION LAB
8. SIMULATION LAB
9. HARDWARE LABORATORY
10.Embedded Systems and IoT LAB
11. VLSI LAB
* The Department is identified as a Research Centre by JNTUA to Peruse Ph.D Programmes.
* The Department has professional Association to conduct technical events for the benefit of the students. The Department association conduct national level technical symposium AXION, every year on regular basis.
* The students are encouraged to Design and develop hardware projects. Also IEEE,IE, CSI and IETE Instuitional chapters conduct regular student events for imparting knowledge and technical skills.
* The students of the department regularly participate in the technical events conducted by other institutions and bag prizes.
* The students of ECE are active in the other clubs like LITEREARY CLUB, PAINTING CLUB and CULTURAL CLUB.
* The students of the department also participate in social service events through the platforms like EYE CROSS Foundation and HELPING HANDS.
* The students of ECE are moulded in to Multi-dimensional Knowledge with basic ethics and discipline.
* Regular workshops and conferences are conducted to motivate the students towards research activities.
Developing high quality engineers with sound technical knowledge, skills , ethics and morals in order to meet the global technological and industrial requirements in the area of Electronics and communication Engineering.
M1:Producing high quality graduates and post-graduates of Electronics and communication Engineering with modern technical knowledge, professional skills and good attitudes in order to meet industry and society demands.
M2:Developing graduates with an ability to work productively in a team with professional ethics and social responsibility
M3:Developing highly employable graduates and post graduates who can meet industrial requirements and bring innovations.
M4:Moulding the students with foundation knowledge and skills to enable them to take up post-graduate programmes and research programmes at the premier institutes.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES(PEO's)
PEO 1: Provide the students with strong fundamental and advanced knowledge in mathematics, Science and Engineering with respect to Electronics and Communication Engineering discipline with an emphasis to solve Engineering problems.
PEO 2: Prepare the students through well - designed curriculum to excel in bachelor degree programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering in order to engage in teaching or industrial or any technical profession and to pursue higher studies.
PEO 3: Train students with intensive and extensive engineering knowledge and skill so as to understand, analyze, design and create novel products and solutions in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
PEO 4: Inculcate in students the professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, team spirit, multidisciplinary approach and ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
PEO 5: Provide students with an excellent academic environment to promote leadership qualities, character molding and lifelong learning as required for a successful professional career.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10.Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12.Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES(PSO's)
PSO1:Should be able to clearly understand the concepts and applications in the field of Communication/networking, signal processing, embedded systems, and semiconductor technology.
PSO2:Should be able to associate the learning from the courses related to Microelectronics, Image processing, Microcomputers, Embedded, IoT, and Communication Systems to arrive at solutions to real-world problems
Head of the Department
|Dr.C. Raveendra Reddy,Professor & H.O.D of Science & Humanities